To fulfill our vision to be an internationally recognized hospital, SAHZU has established close cooperation with world-renowned health care organizations and medical institutions, including the University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, University of Colorado Hospital, German Heart Institute Berlin, Charité–UniversitätsmedizinBerlin, Hospital for Special Surgery, Azusa Pacific University, City of Hope Medical Center, Queen Mary University Dental School, etc. In recent years, more and more overseas organizations visited our hospital and started their cooperation with us. The cooperation ranges from joint medical care to joint training and research. At the same time, SAHZU sent hundreds of its staff to study abroad, which has significantly improved the hospital’s patient services, education and research.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
• Since SAHZU and UCLA signed MOU in 2009, we have been having an extensive collaboration in joint medicine, research and training.
• The SAHZU-UCLA Joint Academic Center established in 2010 has completed over 2000 tele-pathology cases by the end of 2015, becoming China’s biggest telepathology center and one of the three national centers in China.
• Joint International Training Center for fellowship established in 2012 is well received by fellows in cardiology and cytology.
• UCLA residency training at SAHZU anesthesiology and neurosurgery has been recognized by Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in USA as equivalent to and part of their training at their home institutions.
University of Colorado
• Collaboration agreement signed in 2012.
• Joint residency training program in surgery was recognized by ACGME as equivalent to and part of their training at their home institutions.
• Joint research program was funded by Natural Science Foundation of China.
University School of Medicine Pierre and Marie Curie
• UPMC Critical Care Medicine has long time cooperation with the Emergency Department of SAHZU in research and faculty training.
• Prof. Jean-Jacques Rouby from UPMC received Zhejiang West Lake Friendship Award in 2013 for his contribution to critical care medicine in Zhejiang and China.
Queen Mary University of London
• Agreement on collaboration was signed in 2016 for the purpose of facilitating academic exchange and enabling cooperation on research. It is hoped to establish a joint dental lab between both sides in the long term collaboration.
Massachusetts General Hospital
• SAHZU has long time collaboration with MGH in training and research of emergency medicine since 1980s with the help of Project Hope.
• Sino-US Training Center of Advanced Disaster Medical Response at SAHZU was jointly set up and provided disaster response training for thousands physicians.
• Cooperated in publishing Chinese Version of the book entitled Advanced Disaster Medical Response Manual for Provider
• Prof. Susan Briggs Miller, Director of International Trauma and Disaster Institute of MGH, was awarded the Zhejiang West Lake Friendship Award in 2014 for her contribution to the development of emergency medicine in Zhejiang and China.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
• SAHZU signed collaboration agreements with JHH Radiation Oncology Department and Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Section in 2012, and started SAHZU-JHH Multidisciplinary Diagnosis and Treatment Cooperation Program for Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases.
• The joint research projects on pancreatic cancer were funded by National High-tech Research and Development Program and co-authored original articles have been published on high-ranking journals.Azusa Pacific University
Hospital for Special Surgery
• Agreement signed in 2015 in telemedicine of orthopedic cases and holding tele-conference for educational purpose
German Heart Institute Berlin
• SAHZU’s Heart Center signed an agreement on cooperation with German Heart Institute Berlin in 2012 and was listed as its cooperation hospital, aiming to develop the SAHZU Heart Center into the best one in China.
City of Hope Medical Center
• MOU signed in 2015 to collaborate in clinical medicine, research and training.
• Charite has been sending over medical students for internship in Surgery Department since 2011.
• Collaboration agreement on student and faculty exchange and research renewed in 2016.
We feel privileged and highly appreciate many other important individuals and institutions have been supportive to our collaboration.
• APU has been sending nursing students and receiving nurses to and from SAHZU since 2011.
• Common goals are improving nursing leadership and global nursing.