This program is desiged for International medical student with a certain level of medical knowledge and now is currently studying in universities for a degree in Medicine. Every student who comes to SAHZU will be assigned a qualified and supportive doctor who can speak good English, and work along with him/her in everyday ward rounds or clinic consultation. What you are going to learn here will give you a new perspective to your views on global healthcare.Over the past 3 years, a total of over 80 international medical students from internationally renowned medical schools such as UCLA, Brown University, Charite-Medical University of Berlin etc., have completed their elective programs or internship at SAHZU.
The program is structured and well developed. If you are accepted in the program, we will offer you:
1. A tailor designed studying schedule that will place you in one or more specialties based on your learning objectives
2. A team of inspirational and English speaking doctors that will take you to work along with them in ward rounds or clinics and are keen to answer your questions
3. Lectures about Chinese healthcare system
4. Possible extra activities such as workshops or seminar with other Chinese medical students depending on the specialty you choose
5. White coats and a hospital ID card that gives you access to most of hospital’s public facilities such as library, gym and canteen.
6. An apartment for rent at a lower-than-market price
7. Support on visa application
8. A program completion certificate when the program finishes
We hope whoever applys for this program is a student:
1. currently studying at universities for a degree in Medicine and have completed at least 2 years of medical studies
2. having clear objectives to this program and open minded about different culture
3. having a basic knowledge of China and Chinese culture
4. having a certain level of either Chinese or English language ability
If you want to apply for this program, please submit the following materials to the International Affairs Office via firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 months prior to proposed program dates. Please note that the right to accept students into the program remains with the hospital.
1. Application Form
2. Passport face page
3. Health proof, such as TB clearance report, physical check up report or immunization record
4. Two recommendation letters by your medical course teachers in the university letter format
5. One profile picture
Recommended departments: General Surgery, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Traditional Chinese Medicine. If there are other preferred specialties, please consult with the International Affairs Office via email@example.com before submitting your application.