The scope of services of SAHZU-UCLA Teleconsultation includes the Second Opinion Telemedicine Consult, the Second Opinion Written Consult and the Inpatient Tele-ICU Consult.
The Second Opinion Telemedicine Consult and the Inpatient Tele-ICU Consult both consist of a 30 minute video consultation between UCLA Health specialists and SAHZU physicians to discuss a specific outpatient/ICU case via telehealth system followed by a consultation report signed by the UCLA Provider. The patient data including his/her medical records, images and test results will be sent to the UCLA Health before the consultation.
The Second Opinion Written Consult will not include a video consultation between UCLA Health specialists and SAHZU physicians. After the patient data including his/her medical records, images and test results are sent to the UCLA Health, a consultation report will be provided and signed by UCLA.
How to start the process?
• For outpatient of the International Medicine Department, please inform your physician of your request.
• For patients outside the hospital, please contact International Medicine Department for an outpatient consultation and tell us your request.
Determine the SAHZU department to conduct the telemedicine conultation
• Patients provide health history and all medical records necessary for the consultation.
• Physicians fill in the telemedicine application form.
• Patients sign an informed consent.
• Patients pay the consultation fee.
Step 03: SAHZU transfers the consultation application and materials to UCLA.
Step 04: SAHZU and UCLA physicians have a video consultation. (Applicable to the Second Opinion Telemedicine Consult and the Inpatient Tele-ICU Consult.)
Step 05: UCLA issues a consultation report in English to SAHZU.
Step 06: SAHZU delivers the report to patient.
For SAHZU-UCLA Telemedicine, please consult SAHZU eHealth Center: 0571-87767099