DR. CHEN BING AND HIS TEAM
The Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery has a reputation of excellence in the treatment of vascular disease, the education of future leaders in vascular surgery, and research that strives to improve patient care. The Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery offers a system of integrated, seamless, multidisciplinary care designed to provide timely, comprehensive, and individualized care strategies for patients with vascular disease.
Our goal is to break down many of the traditional barriers to care while facilitating the coordination and planning of the patients’ short and long-term care objectives. Diagnosing disorders of blood vessels and arteries can be complex, and our team of expert vascular surgeons, cardiologists, and interventional radiologists work together to coordinate and manage each patient’s care in a centralized setting.
We provide patients with access to nationally and internationally recognized care providers, cutting-edge research trials in virtually every medical specialty, and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment strategies, including:
• 3D volume-rendered CT and MRI to facilitate optimal anatomic reconstruction strategies and minimize the use of invasive diagnostic modalities
• Specialized vascular ultrasound and noninvasive vascular diagnosis
• Minimally invasive/percutaneous treatment of carotid, renal, and lower extremity occlusive disease, including atherectomy, laser atherectomy, and tibial angioplasty
• Medical, surgical, and minimally invasive therapy for critical limb ischemia
• Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and thoracic aortic aneurysms
• Debranching and stenting for thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
• Expertise in complex open vascular procedures
• Minimally invasive/percutaneous treatment of venous disorders, including ulceration, edema, venous stasis, varicose veins, and cosmetic venous disorders
• A multidisciplinary team approach to complex vascular malformations, including minimally invasive and surgical therapies
Collaborative efforts among the departments of Surgery, medicine, and Radiology provide patients with a ‘one-stop’ approach to cutting-edge treatment options. The pursuit of education and research serve as vital components to our overall mission of providing the best inpatient care.