Since 2010, UCLA and the University of Colorado have been sending their residents to have residency training at SAHZU. So far some international residents completed their residency training in anesthesiology, emergency and general surgery. The training experience of them was recognized by Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education as equivalent to and part of their training in US. We are looking forward to welcoming more residents from all over the world to experience different healthcare system and share knowledge with us.
If you are accepted in the program, we will offer you:
1. A tailor designed studying schedule to meet your learning objectives
2. An inspirational English speaking attending, who is keen to answer all your questions, for you to shadow in ward rounds, patient consultation and surgical operation
3. Hands on opportunities in surgical operations under the supervision of senior doctors
4. Lectures about Chinese healthcare system, department’s weekly seminars about complicated cases with other Chinese residents, attending and professors, and possible teleconference with 5. international medical institutes
5. White coats and a hospital ID card that gives you access to most of hospital’s public facilities such as library, gym or canteen.
6. An apartment for rent at a lower-than-market price
7. Support on visa application
8. A program completion certificate when the program finishes
We hope whoever apply for this program is a resident who has:
1. Completed at least 2 years of residency training and still in the middle of it
2. Obtained a physician license at home country
3. A clear goal to this program and open minded about different culture
4. A basic knowledge of China and Chinese culture
5. A certain level of either Chinese or English language ability
If you want to apply for this program, please submit the following materials to the International Affairs Office firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 months prior to proposed program dates.
2. Passport face page
3. Health check up report within recent 3 months, including negative proof of TB (PPD test report or chest X ray report)
4. Two recommendation letters by your supervising doctors in the letter format of the hospital you are placed for residency training
5. Copy of medical diploma
6. Copy of physician license at your home country
7. Case log of your residency training at your home country
8. CV and one profile picture
9. BLS/ACLS certificate
Recommended departments are Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopedics, Burns, Colorectal Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology (Cataract), Orthodontics, Rheumatology, Thyroid Surgery, Ultrasound.
If there are other preferred specialties, please consult with the International Affairs Office via email@example.com before submitting your application.