SAHZU-UCLA Fellowship Training Program was developed in 2012. We welcome fellows from all over the world to experience different healthcare system and share your own knowledge with us. Recommended specialties for fellowship training are Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Oncology, and Dermatology. If there are other preferred specialties, please consult with the International Affairs Office via iao_sahzu#zju.edu.cnbefore submitting your application.
We will offer you in this program:
1. A tailor designed studying schedule to meet your learning objectives
2. An inspirational English speaking professor, who is keen to answer all your questions, for you to shadow in ward rounds, patient consultation and surgical operation
3. Hands on opportunities in surgical operations
4. Lectures about Chinese healthcare system, department’s weekly seminars about complicated cases with other Chinese residents, attending and professors, and possible teleconference with international medical institutes
5. White coats and a hospital ID card that gives you access to most of hospital’s public facilities such as library, gym or canteen.
6. An apartment free for short staying
7. Support on visa application
8. A program completion certificate when the program finishes
We hope whoever apply for this program is a fellow who has:
1. Completed residency training and in the middle of fellowship training
2. Obtained a physician license at home country
3. A clear goal to this program and open minded about different culture
4. A basic knowledge of China and Chinese culture
5. A certain level of Chinese or English language ability
If you want to apply for this program, please submit the following materials to the International Affairs Office firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 months prior to proposed program dates.
2. Passport face page
3. Health check up report within recent 3 months, including negative proof of TB (PPD test report or chest X ray report)
4. Two recommendation letters: one by your supervising doctor in the letter format of the hospital you are placed for fellowship training; the other by your residency training director
5. One profile picture and personal CV
6. Copy of physician license at your home country
7. Copy of your medical diploma
8. ACLS/BLS certificate
Recommended departments are Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopedics, Burns, Colorectal Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology (Cataract), Orthodontics, Rheumatology, Thyroid Surgery, Ultrasound.
If there are other preferred specialties, please consult with the International Affairs Office via email@example.com before submitting your application.