About Zhejiang University
Zhejiang University is located in east coastal city of Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province, which lies 180km south of China’s largest commercial center Shanghai. As one of the seven ancient capital cities of China, Hangzhou has a history of over 2,200 years. The city is also a world-famous tourist resort praised as ‘a paradise on earth’, boasting very favorable natural conditions, with a mild climate, convenient transportation systems, picturesque scenery and rich cultural heritage. In the 13th century, the Italian traveler Macro Polo admired Hangzhou as ‘the most beautiful and splendid city in the world’.
Founded in 1897 as one of the earliest institutions of higher learning in China, Zhejiang University is now a leading research university under the direct administration of China’s Ministry of Education. Reputed as the ‘East Cambridge’ in history, Zhejiang University has always been ranked among the top universities in China in terms of its academic strength shown in teaching, research and social service.
For more information about Zhejiang University please go to its homepage: http://www.zju.edu.cn/english/
About Zhejiang University School of Medicine
Zhejiang University School of Medicine was first founded as Chekiang (Zhejiang) College of Medicine in 1912. It became the Medical School of Chekiang (Zhejiang) University later, and again separated from the university and eventually developed into Zhejiang Medical University in 1960. In 1998, former Zhejiang University, Hangzhou University, Zhejiang Agricultural University and Zhejiang Medical University were merged to form a new Zhejiang University. The following year, School of Medicine (ZUSM) was re-established and became the largest school among 36 schools and colleges of Zhejiang University. Although ZUSM has changed its names and locations several times, it remains the most eminent medical institutions in the region. Today it ranks as one of the top ten medical educational institutions in China, whose dynamics and strengths in medical education, scientific research and clinical practice are well recognized.
ZUSM has been pursuing high quality education and aiming at developing extraordinary medical practitioners. The School is composed of 10 departments: School of Basic Medicine, School of Public Health, 1st Clinical Medicine, 2nd Clinical Medicine, 3rd Clinical Medicine, 4th Clnical Medicine, School of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Pediatrics,School of Stomotolagy and Shool of Nursing. Apart from these academic departments, there are 8 affiliated hospitals and 8 cooperated hospital.Currently there is 4 national key disciplines, 45 national key clinical specialties, 1 national key laboratory, 28 provincial key laboratories.
ZUSM boasts rich human resources, reliable, well-established, and capable of fulfilling educational, academic or health service missions. There are more than 1,000 full-time or part-time professors and associate professors including four members of National Academy of Science and Engineering devoted to undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The school currently offers five-year program for bachelor degree , eight-year M.D. program and six -year MBBS (in English Media) in medicine.
ZUSM has established international links with scores of medical institutions in Asia, Europe, Australia and North America. Programs like collaborative research projects and exchanges of faculty and students have been launched.
For more information about School of Medicine, please visit: http://www.cmm.zju.edu.cn/index.php?web=english&pc=1
Curriculum of MBBS program
The program takes six years to complete.(The curriculum is subject to change accordingly.)
*The students must score at least 195 or above in HSK(Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi, the Chinese Proficiency Test) Level IV and pass HSKK(HSK Speaking Test) Intermediate Level before taking the senior clerkship in China.
* More than top 20% students can get outstanding academic performance scholarship every year.
Requirements for Admission
1. M.B.B.S. candidates must have passed examination with minimum percentage of marks over 70% aggregate in Math, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology &Botany)
2. Senior high school diploma
3. Transcript for all the courses in senior high school
4. Score report of English language Test(e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/OTHER)(If applicants’ native language is not English)
5. Two recommendation letters with the signature of the referee are needed. Letters must include phone number or email address.
6. Personal statement, should include study experience, reasons for application, personal strengths. Less than 800 words.
7. Photocopy of award-winning Certificates related to academic courses during your senior high school period. (If any)
8. Candidates must be of the age between 17 years and 30 years on 1st September of the year of admission.
1. Fill in the application form online for admission to Zhejiang University.
2. Submit the completed application form and 800 Chinese Yuan（Approx US$ 120） application fee to the International College, Zhejiang University. Copies of diplomas or certificates and course transcripts and two letters of recommendation are needed.
3. Time for application: Please check the information on the website of International college.
4. The Admission Notice and the form of <Visa Application for Study in China> (JW202 form) will be mailed to the applicant after his/her qualifications are verified.
5. Apply for a X1 student visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate. Register at the International College during the period specified in the Admission notice.
1. Registration: 800 Chinese Yuan(Approx US$ 120)
2. Tuition: 42,800 Chinese Yuan(Approx US$ 7,000) /year for M.B.B.S
3. Accommodation: 9,000 Chinese Yuan (Approx US$1300)/year/person, for twin rooms；13， 500 Chinese Yuan (Approx US$2000)/year/person, for single rooms
4. Residence permit: 400 Chinese Yuan(US$60)/year
5. Health examination: 400 Chinese Yuan(US$60)
6. Health insurance: Covered by University Health insurance plan (see details)
7. Miscellaneous: Food around 8,000 Chinese Yuan(US$1,200)/year(Depends on individuals)
* The fee for accommodation excludes electricity and water bill.
Hostels and food
Students are expected to live in the International Students Dormitory, where twin rooms or single rooms are available. Almost every room is equipped with telephone, internet access, private bathroom with shower and air-conditioners. Public kitchens and washing machines are also accessible to students in the dormitory.
The University has on all its campuses several convenient and inexpensive restaurants where a good variety of Chinese and Western foods are served. There is also a small restaurant to serve Muslim food.
For more information about admission application, please visit http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/
For further information, please contact us as follows:
International Students Education Office
School of Medicine
P.O. Box 50
866 Yu Hang Tang Road
Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058
Admission for MBBS program
Tel: +86 (571) 88208064
Fax:: +86 (571) 88208097
Website: Chinese http://www.cmm.zju.edu.cn/
Note: The above information is subject to change accordingly.