Since 2010, UCLA and the University of Colorado have been sending their residents to have residency training at SAHZU. So far some international residents completed their residency training in anesthesiology, emergency and general surgery. The training experience of them was recognized by Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education as equivalent to and part of their training in US. We are looking forward to welcoming more residents from all over the world to experience different healthcare system and share knowledge with us.
If you are accepted in the program, we will offer you:
1. A tailor designed studying schedule to meet your learning objectives
2. An inspirational English speaking attending, who is keen to answer all your questions, for you to shadow in ward rounds, patient consultation and surgical operation
3. Hands on opportunities in surgical operations under the supervision of senior doctors
4. Lectures about Chinese healthcare system, department’s weekly seminars about complicated cases with other Chinese residents, attending and professors, and possible teleconference with 5. international medical institutes
5. White coats and a hospital ID card that gives you access to most of hospital’s public facilities such as library, gym or canteen.
6. An apartment for rent at a lower-than-market price
7. Support on visa application
8. A program completion certificate when the program finishes
We hope whoever apply for this program is a resident who has:
1. Completed at least 2 years of residency training and still in the middle of it
2. Obtained a physician license at home country
3. A clear goal to this program and open minded about different culture
4. A basic knowledge of China and Chinese culture
5. A certain level of either Chinese or English language ability
How to Apply
If you want to apply for this program, please submit the following materials to the International Affairs Office via firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 months prior to proposed program dates.
2. Face page scan of passport or double side scan of travel permit
3. One profile picture
4. Personal CV
5. Highest medical diploma AND its notarial certificate (both with original version and Chinese version)
6. Medical license AND its notarial certificate (both with original version and Chinese version)
7. Chinese translation of the business license of the translation agency
8. Health proof of no communicable diseases within 3 months prior to the visit
9. Applicant's current training record documentation, such as case logs of applicant's residency or fellowship training
10. Two recommendation letters by tutors of training program that applicant is currently placed at, if no exchange agreement signed between SAHZU/Zhejiang University and the applicant’s home institute
11. BLS/ACLS certificate (If the applicant has no BLS/ACLS certificate or cannot provide proof of having been trained for CPR, he or she will be required to take CPR training course at SAHZU before entering the program)
* Please bring the original copies of document 5,6 and 7 with you on the first day. Please note that the notarial certificates in document No.5 and 6 and document No. 7 are only required for doctors who request to have hands-on training at SAHZU.
* Please note that an on-site health screening at SAHZU (approximately 2 hour long and free of charge) is required for any incoming doctor who requests for hands-on training upon arrival. If any communicable disease was detected by the health screening, the applicant will be denied to enter the program.
Recommended departments are Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopedics, Burns, Colorectal Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology (Cataract), Orthodontics, Rheumatology, Thyroid Surgery, Ultrasound.
If there are other preferred specialties, please consult with the International Affairs Office via email@example.com before submitting your application.